Senior Commercial SpecialistBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role will sit within the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Information Services Commercial Team based primarily in Bristol. The team are responsible for managing existing contracts and playing an influential role in the development of further proposals for these long-term solutions and services as part of key company strategy. Boeing enjoys a long-term relationship with its UKMoD customer and is considered a Key Supplier.
This Senior Commercial Specialist role will directly support the Information Services new business, working with the IS Commercial Lead. Reporting to the Head of Commercial for Info and Gov Services, this role will be a lead participant in multiple proposals across the portfolio. This role requires building effective relationships with UK internal functions and the UK MoD customer to support, advise and guide in the team discharging its obligations under the contract and delivering proposals for key strategic work-streams of the overall programme. Particular areas of focus are excellent customer relationship management, contract management including interpretation of contractual terms and positions, first-time quality products, fast and effective responsiveness to emerging needs and requirements, integrated business partnering with stakeholders and ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced workload with a high degree of independence.
This position is expected to fulfill a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to;
- Exercises appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies.
- Leads the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business.
- Represents the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company.
- Leads coordination and partnership with other internal functional disciplines, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management
- Summarizes complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Implements and maintains effective commercial governance through internal processes to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches
- Authorises company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements,
- Interprets contract requirements, manages change and resolves conflict; intellectual property management
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- IACCM / CIMA
- previous experience on large bids, preferably in Information Systems
- understanding of dynamic pricing
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.