Senior Infra Automation EngineerBristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as an experienced Automation Engineer in the Platform Engineering Team member either based in Bristol, UK or Milton Keynes, UK.
The Platform Engineering Team is primarily focused on supporting the Ministry of Defence Support Chain Information Services (MoD SCIS) programme.
This includes monitoring the Service Management tool for Incidents, Problems, Service Requests and Change tasks to ensure we are improving the quality and adherence to contractual SLA and KPI requirements of the programme within Boeing Defence UK (BDUK).
An Infrastructure Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and automating workflows, by taking existing practices and applying code to improve both efficiency and quality. Working alongside traditional Infrastructure and other technical capabilities to enhance the existing support and delivery functions through development of ‘Infrastructure as Code’ and software packaging and deployment techniques.
- With an Automate First Mindset, identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency through automation.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to Platform Team Members regarding automation tooling and techniques.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
- Document and maintain stringent processes.
- Provide quality checking for deliverables.
- Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
Essential Skills and knowledge:
- Good demonstrable experience in an Infrastructure role (Windows, UNIX, Virtualisation, Networking) either delivery or support.
- Development of back-end systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Software Development for automation techniques in production environments using at least one of the below:
- Git repository derivative (BitBucket, GitLab)
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities