Senior Software EngineersBristol, England; Fleet, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence United Kingdom are seeking Senior Software Engineers to support Defence and Security domains at Boeing locations and Customer sites across the UK, including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Systems, Training and Simulation, Cyber, Space, Intelligence and Security.
As a consequence of our growing business we have a number of exciting career opportunities within our Engineering Capability, which is responsible for the Research and Development of Advanced Technology and the Design, Development and Certification of our Mission Systems and Sub-Systems.
About the role:
You will join a rapidly growing Engineering Capability with a culture for development, teamwork and success. Initially your assignment may start with Simulation Programmes, which operate across the Air, Land and Maritime domains, with future opportunity to develop your interests across the breadth of the Mission Systems portfolio.
The role will be integrated into a faced-paced and multifaceted customer focused environment and stretched to achieve your potential. Your wellbeing is also important to us, and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on willingness, teamwork, innovation, safety and first time quality.
Within the role you will be able to gain understanding and apply your experience in the following:
- Tactical Data Link capabilities, operation and standards
- Experience with Link 11, Link 16, JREAP and other Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) command and control systems
- Developing air domain simulation systems
- Integrating simulation systems for a military customer
- Modern air combat systems and tactics
- Developing and applying continuous improvement to process and efficiency
- VT MAK VR-Forces product line
- 3D geospatial tools and data formats such as OpenFlight, Shapefiles, ARCGIS, etc
- 3D modelling formats and tools such as Presagis Creator, 3D Studio Max
- HLAe based distributed simulation systems
To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of modern technologies, systems engineering principals and simulation architectures and methodologies. You are a hardworking and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability ideally with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field.
Desirable qualifications in:
- Experience in software engineering area
- Developing simulation systems for use in training or operational analysis
- Use of distributed simulation protocols such as DIS and HLA
- Application of systems engineering practices and principles
As an engineer working for the Boeing Company, you will ideally be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development paradigms and processes
- Innovative approach and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, specialists and functional support team-members to achieve a balanced outcome
By joining us you will:
- Have flexible working hours (Hybrid working approach; flexible working hours approach)
- Enjoy additional paid days off for Winter Break (December 24th to January 1st)
- Develop professional skills with our virtual learning tools and platforms (O’Reilly Learning, Degreed, Enterprise Mentoring, Communities of Excellence & Practice)
- Have possibility to benefit from our Learning Together Program (Tuition reimbursement)
- Benefit from Employee Recognition Program
- Get Medical Plan and life insurance for you and your Family
- Participate in Employee Pension Scheme (We double the contribution that you would make, up to 10%)
- Enjoy and build with us friendly and inclusive atmosphere in workplace
- Cooperate and exchange knowledge with international team where we support and respect each other
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Willingness and eligibility to undergo and obtain a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award