Senior Systems AdministratorBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for a System Administrator based in Bristol to support various technical requirements within a busy IT Infrastructure team.
This role will involve contributing to the delivery of projects and sustainment within a specialized IT program environment supporting a dedicated program of work within the Boeing portfolio.
Based onsite in Bristol, you will be involved in system integration activities, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of workstations and networks to ensure the user experience is exceptional.
Providing IT consultancy and engaging with the local community, ensuring advice and resolution is based on best practice and inline with the wider Boeing strategy.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for delivering products and projects within a defined project where customer service and IT performance is paramount. Equally comfortable, confident and professional
whether on the end of a phone or ‘hands-on’ at a desk, you will be the sort of individual that takes pride in providing a first-rate service and genuinely enjoys solving IT issues for colleagues at all levels.
The role whilst predominately within a specific UK program of work, the successful candidate will join Boeing’s International IT team as a subject matter expert and from time to time engagements and opportunities will be presented on a global scale.
- Continuously looking for improvements to ensure services operated are aligned to industry best practice and Boeing enterprise best practices.
- Responding to events, requests and incidents logged in management systems.
- Performing analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic.
- Working to well-defined SLAs & KPIs
- Support of functional teams such as networking
- Working closely with Architecture to help define strategy and roadmaps for the training environment
- Identify and raise technical challenges and limitations within the networking estate
- Provide consultancy to colleagues within the organisation
- Represent IT International when the need arises
- Providing comprehensive and timely communications to key stakeholders
- Producing and updating comprehensive documentation
- Provide technical leadership
- Private Key Infrastructure / Certificate Authority
- Dell VXRail (or other converged stack)
- VMWare vCentre
- VMware Horizon (or other VDI solution)
- VMware HCI
- Windows Server 2022
- Active Directory
- Exchange (On-Prem)
- Skype for Business
- VMWare Unified Access Gateway (UAG)
- Windows 10
- McAfee EPO/ENS
- SharePoint 2016
- Wyse Dell Thin Clients/WMS
- Microsoft NPS
- Dell RP4VM
- Dell Networker
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities