SharePoint DeveloperBristol, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK dates back to the 1930’s and continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, ScanEagle, Support Chain Information Services, and Government Services, to mention a few.
An opportunity has arisen within Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) for a versatile and experienced SharePoint Developer to work alongside our existing team of Developers, Business Analysts and Application Services Team in ensuring our SharePoint environment correctly supports the range of business requirements generated by the Programmes and Functions within BDUK.
As the successful candidate you will manage, maintain, support and enhance the company Intranet/Extranet based on SharePoint 2013. You will develop applications, interfaces and solutions that promote collaborative working and support the relevant IT and Information Management strategies by providing a robust, secure, easy to use and functionally rich Intranet/Extranet. Support provision, when required, will predominantly be third line, but you must also be willing to undertake second line support and application testing duties as required. Some business travel is possible to other BDUK sites as driven by business needs. This role also requires flexibility as off-hours support will occasionally be required to support application upgrades.
Reporting to the BDUK IT Senior Manager, the SharePoint Developer will need to:
- Work closely as part of an Agile team with other members of IT - both in the UK and overseas - including other SharePoint Developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Project Managers.
- Develop SharePoint package solutions using code, site templates, workflows and forms, delivering enhanced SharePoint functionality to meet business requirements.
- Translate user requirements (User Stories) into software artefacts, estimate development effort and deliver in accordance with the BDUK Definition of Done
- Interact with end-users and business representatives to investigate issues and identify product improvements as the use of SharePoint across the business matures.
- Liaise with both internal and external suppliers of support services and partners
- Assist in the production of appropriate technical and user focussed documentation for SharePoint applications.
- Perform installations and upgrades of applications/systems and apply configuration management principles.
- Assist in the development and execution of system, integration, performance and acceptance test plans in conjunction with the users and application suppliers as required.
- Assist in the execution of test plans.
- Collaborate with off-shore team members
Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Extensive expertise of developing solutions on SharePoint 2013/2016.
- Knowledge of customisation of SharePoint using C#, CAML and Web Templates.
- Knowledge of Nintex Forms/Workflow.
- Excellent English oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of customisation of SharePoint using content By Search and display templates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server.
- Good working knowledge of agile work management using a tool such as Azure Dev Ops (Team foundation Server) for source control, requirements, realise management and supporting processes.
- Technical Professional certifications highly desired.
- Experience of working within an Agile Team (certification would be an advantage).
- Previous experience working in a distributed global IT team
- Experience of working within the UK Defence sector.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation assistance is not available. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More