Solution Lead - Business Change / Digital InnovationBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join the BDUK Architecture team, with a passion for Digital Innovation and Business Change. The successful candidate will work with customer to help define and govern business and IT transformation programmes.
Following defined Boeing processes and liaising with the customer and Boeing experts and suppliers, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the development and governing of architectural components in support of transformation programmes.
- Working collaboratively within an integrated customer and supplier team to deliver jointly transformed Business Change and Innovation.
- Recommends/ designs structures and tools for processes, applications and technologies which meet business needs.
- Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Develops and translates logical designs into outline solution designs and solution options top meet customer requirements
- Undertakes or supports trade studies and option evaluations, product selections
- Supports business case development and benefit identification and benefit realization (including benchmarking and KPI development)
- Contributes to development of enterprise architectures
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of business architectures, in particular, process architectures, business reference model, capability models.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information architectures, in particular taxonomies, high level information models, API’s and common message formats.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of application architectures, in particular logical architectures and canonical interface definitions.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of technical architectures, in particular reference architectures and non-functional requirements including security considerations.
- Utilises enterprise architecture
- Develops solution architectures to deliver specific projects and capability improvements that form part of an overall business transformation or IT transformation effort, using the provided enterprise architecture.
- Identifies and evaluates potential solutions, including demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
- Captures and develops architectures within a repository based architecture modelling tool.
- Contributes to the development of enterprise solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Leads the development of point solutions to deliver specific capability improvements.
- Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific workstreams and projects - failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious project delays and additional expenditure of resources.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions within the constraints provided by a supervising architect (Chief Architect or Enterprise Architect).
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Typical Education and/or Experience
- Experience of implementing IT enabled business change
- Use Case and Scenario Modelling
- Experience of digital and mobile computing architectures
- Experience of selecting or implementing COTS software and best of breed packages
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of the following notation:
- Archimate 2 or 3 notation
- TOGAF 9 or 10
- Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Experience in the use of repository based Enterprise Architecture modelling tools e.g., Sparx EA
- Experience of defence, blue light and/or government organisations
- Knowledge of Lean Thinking, Theory of Constraints, six sigma or similar business improvement techniques
- Experience of DevOps and Agile development
- Experience of user experience design and development of personas
- Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment / structure and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams
Other job related information
This posting is eligible for participation in the Employee Referral Programme. Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
Please note: this is an urgent requirement - recruitment and selection will commence prior to close date.
Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORISATION TO WORK IN THE UK BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities