Supply Chain: Rotational GraduateBristol, England; Birmingham, England; Brize Norton, England; Lossiemouth, Scotland; Fleet, England; Frimley, England; Salisbury, England; Gosport, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Starting in 2022, the two-year scheme will see the successful applicants undertake four six-month placements across a number of key disciplines, in different UK locations.
The scheme will provide the successful graduate a chance to cover a diverse range of areas, fundamental to understanding successful Supply Chain roles within Boeing. We put an emphasis on learning in the workplace with live projects, working across multiple teams and location, supported by theoretical learning and support from colleagues and the Early Careers team.
The successful candidate will perform a number of roles during their time on the scheme interacting with multiple areas of the company such as Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe Limited (BCASEL), or Boeing Flight Service (BFS).
Rotations may involve working on any of the following areas:
Supplier Management and Procurement within our Information Services team or aircraft support team. In this team you will
- Support existing contracts
- Negotiate agreements with existing suppliers
- Manage supplier performance and support the wider programme team with a wide range of activities
- Supporting bids and proposal for new opportunities
- This could be in support of fixed wing, rotary wing, autonomous systems, information services or government services
- Developing a supply chain solution to meet the customer requirements including release and evaluation of RFIs, RFPs
- Supporting the overall bid and proposal governance process to ensure supply chain are achieving the required milestones to support on time bid submission
Asset Management and Supply Chain Planning
In this team you will:
- Managing a portfolio of parts to ensure on time delivery of material in support of customer requirements
- Ensuring the value and volume of inventory held is optimised to minimise investment.
- This role also includes the management of obsolescence and disposals to again ensure the right materials are held in stock to satisfy the predicted customer demand.
Inventory Forecasting, Optimisation and Management
In this team you will:
- Manage load and capacity forecasting
- Support the delivery of inventory optimisation solutions.
- Provide day to day management of material preload, stocking levels, material availability at various customer locations within UK, Europe and Worldwide and ensure the timely procurement of required materials.
Operational Material Management
In this team you will:
- Provide 24/7 operational material support to our commercial airline customers
- Providing support on material shortage management and aircraft on ground material and logistics support.
- Providing logistics support and solutions that ensures materials are moved and located in support of our airline customers.
Within our Graduate scheme, you will also have the opportunity to;
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products and systems up close by touring our facilities across the UK
- Direct interaction with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in Boeing
- Experience multiple Boeing locations around the UK
- Be supported with CIPS professional qualification
- Explore a function outside of Supply Chain Management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Qualified to degree level in supply chain, logistics, procurement, business studies, legal, economics, engineering or similar
- Confidence or willingness to present and host meetings
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with stakeholders of all levels.
- To have forward thinking mind-set and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
Essential Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- The ability to obtain SC Clearance
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.