Systems Engineer (Apache)Bristol, England; Yeovil, England; Middle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a Systems Engineer reporting to the BDUK SEIT Engineering Management team. The role will assist the BDUK Apache Lead Project Engineer by supporting the day-to-day delivery of the Long Term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) programme objectives, ensuring that assigned activities are appropriately coordinated, managed and reported. This role is primarily based in Bristol, although other locations may be considered. The role will involve occasional UK travel to other BDUK and customer sites, and overseas travel on a periodic basis. Options also exist for hybrid working.
Key Tasks include:
- Providing coordination to engineering teams representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Managing contractual requirements through the LTTSS programme lifecycle.
- Managing key suppliers and subcontractors. Developing and managing Supplier Statements of Work (SSoWs) to satisfy current and emerging programme requirements.
- Provide an Avionics Support service to manage issues reported by operators, enhancements identified by stakeholders and the review of OEM-initiated Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Programme Co-ordination Memorandums (PCMs)
- Support the provision of technical advice relating to the operation of the UK Apache avionic systems and equipment
- Support test activities at System Integration Laboratories located at both Boeing and Software/Equipment OEM facilities
- Provide management of a solution database log to allow the customer the ability to manage and evaluate solutions. This facility shall permit evaluation of candidate lists, log data from investigations, coordination of approved solutions, including monitoring and reporting the running total, on an as required basis
- The management of the solution database log shall also include proposed enhancements identified by stakeholders, OEM-initiated Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Programme Co-ordination Memorandums (PCMs)
- Represent Boeing at the Software Working Group (SWG) meetings
- Provide the technical interface between the Apache Design Organisation (DO) and aircrew/maintainers
- Attend Apache Local Technical Committee (LTC) and Change Configuration Board (CCB) meetings as the representative of Boeing.
- Supporting the coordination of project execution to complete the work statement and ensuring the engineering leadership team are aware of applicable programme milestones and objectives.
- Technical liaison across UK and US entities.
- Comparing actual results to baseline plans to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Responding to changes to SOW, assessing the impact and negotiating proposed changes to determine modifications to deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Supporting the development and execution of the project deliverables.
- Supporting the tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes.
- Supporting the development of technical solutions in response to Over & Above tasking.
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement.
- Supporting Risk, Issues and Opportunities management.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an engineering related field, with experience in requirements management for systems and / or services.
- Experience in Project Planning and Management; Excellent SE knowledge and skills, Good IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing Skills.
- Knowledge of the Apache or other rotorcraft platforms.
- Registration with the Engineering Council as an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (IEng or CEng), or have the ability to work towards IEng/CEng.
- Experience at representing an organisation at Customer Working Groups.
- Experience in stakeholder management, both upstream and downstream.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts and tools. The role will have significant customer and wider Boeing interface, therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. UK and foreign travel is expected.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award