Systems Engineer (Apache)Bristol, England; Yeovil, England; Middle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a Systems Engineer reporting to the BDUK SEIT Engineering Management team. The role will assist the BDUK Apache Lead Project Engineer by supporting the mobilisation and sustainment of the Long Term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) engineering capability. This role is primarily based in Bristol, although other locations may be considered. The role will involve occasional UK travel to other BDUK and customer sites, and overseas travel on a periodic basis. Options also exist for hybrid working.
Key Tasks include:
- Supporting the creation, development and management of UK Apache engineering processes, procedures and governance required to underpin the delivery of the LTTSS programme.
- Liaising with Quality Assurance to initiate and develop the engineering elements of the UK Apache Business Process Model.
- Supporting the tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes.
- Supporting the implementation of best practice in the execution of UK Apache LTTSS programme objectives.
- Identifying and utilising qualitative or quantitative metrics to monitor progress, provide updates of performance, and plot trends over time.
- Promoting Continuous Improvement across the UK Apache engineering team, conducting 'lessons learned' reviews and seeking feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop.
- Supporting Risk, Issue and Opportunity (RIO) identification and management
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an engineering related field, with experience in requirements management for systems and / or services.
- Experience in Project Planning and Management; Excellent SE knowledge and skills, Good IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing Skills.
- Knowledge of the Apache or other rotorcraft platforms.
- Registration with the Engineering Council as an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (IEng or CEng), or have the ability to work towards IEng/CEng.
- Experience in stakeholder management, both upstream and downstream.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts and tools. The role will require someone who can work autonomously with minimal supervision. The role will have significant wider Boeing interface, therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. UK and foreign travel is expected.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award