Systems Engineer - Land SystemsBristol, England; Yeovil, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible and virtual working arrangements, benefits packages, employee incentive programmes and study assistance, as well as the potential for international travel. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.
Our programme of interest comprises of several service lines (i.e. workstreams) spanning communications systems, mission systems and platform integration as well as associated support elements. We require Systems Engineers to join us to play a key part in the team responsible for delivering Segment elements of the capability, including mission support systems and training devices. The roles are fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions and will require the successful candidate to work in multidisciplinary teams to both generate proposals and develop deliverable solutions. They will also provide Systems Engineering support and expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle.
Our programmes are internationally run, with key partners being Boeing Defence, Space and Security, based in the USA, and Boeing Defence Australia. You will be part of our ongoing collaboration with these business units, and this provides opportunities for travel for short- or longer-term periods. Candidates may have the opportunity to temporarily relocate to Australia for periods of up to six months if required.
While we work in agile and dynamic engineering environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams
- Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies
- Supporting the development of a plan and associated artefacts to perform Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) activities
- Managing technical baselines (e.g. requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise
- Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g. management plans, schedules, reports)
- Supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management)
- Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives and global Boeing partners; and
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes; and contributing to Continuous Improvement
You may also get the opportunity to work on a variety of other programmes, business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company as part of your ongoing career development with Boeing.
Aside from your technical work you there is the potential to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of focus projects to support the growth of the company including its employees.
What We Are Looking For
- Applied experience across some or all elements of Systems Engineering: requirements management; interface management; system architectures; MBSE; integration of specialties; Verification and Validation
- Command, Control Communications and Information Systems (C3I) technical, governance and change management
- Some experience in the usage of IBM DOORS or similar, and/or MBSE tools such as CAMEO or Enterprise Architect
- Ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed and diverse teams
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- An ability to effectively communicate written technical information
- Proficient office IT skills
- Experience of Customer and wider stakeholder management
- Experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology
A degree level (or experience) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field (Preferred, not Essential) and already be, or aspire to be, a member of a recognised professional body such as the Institute of Engineering and Technology, INCOSE or the Royal Aeronautical Society.
The primary locations for our Engineering teams is Bristol, with the general expectation of 2 – 3 days a week in the office to foster collaboration and team efficiency. We will also consider applicants who may prefer to be based out of our Yeovil and Frimley offices, and potentially others dependent on the suitability of the candidate.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award