Systems EngineerBristol, England; Yeovil, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Systems Engineer – GCS&S
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible and virtual working arrangements, benefits packages, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.
We require Systems Engineers to join us to play a key part in the teams responsible for scoping, designing and delivering solutions for our customers. The roles are fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions and will require the successful candidate to provide systems engineering support whilst working in multidisciplinary teams to both generate proposals and develop and verify deliverable solutions.
While we work in agile and dynamic engineering environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams;
- Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies;
- Supporting the development of a plan and associated artefacts to perform Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) activities;
- Managing technical baselines (e.g. requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g. management plans, schedules, reports);
- Supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management);
- Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives; and
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes; and contributing to Continuous Improvement;
You may also get the opportunity to work on a variety of other programmes, business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company as part of your ongoing career development with Boeing.
Aside from your technical work you there is the potential to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of focus projects to support the growth of the company including its employees.
What We Are Looking For
- Applied experience across some or all elements of Systems Engineering: requirements management; interface management; system architectures; MBSE; integration of specialties; Verification and Validation; technical, governance and change management;
- Some experience in the usage of IBM DOORS or similar, and/or MBSE tools such as CAMEO or Enterprise Architect;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed and diverse teams;
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills;
- An ability to effectively communicate written technical information;
- Proficient office IT skills.
- Experience of Customer and wider stakeholder management;
- Experience in specifying, integrating and testing software, in particular simulation or synthetic training technologies;
- Experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology.
A degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field (Preferred, not Essential) and already be, or aspire to be, a member of a recognised professional body such as the Institute of Engineering and Technology or the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award