Systems Engineering - 12 Month InternshipBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Systems Engineering Intern to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) based in Bristol. BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, and Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
As part of the engineering function, the successful candidate will have a primary focus on supporting the development of systems relating to the entry into service of the RAF’s E-7 AEW&C capability. Depending on workloads and business needs, they may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of programmes, business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to the Chief Engineer / Technical Lead on the E-7 programme. They will be involved with technical management and design of systems solutions, system integration and providing support in order to facilitate the delivery of milestones within time and budget, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
The role is fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions. It requires the successful candidate to work in multidisciplinary teams to generate proposals and develop deliverable solutions.
The role will include working autonomously and as part of various teams and may involve interaction with other parts of Boeing and our suppliers.
Key Tasks include:
- Determining, evolving and managing stakeholder requirements
- System Design including aspects of: Concept generation, Functional analysis using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering, Interface Management, Maintaining Design Integrity, Modelling and Simulation, Selecting Preferred Solutions, Integration & Verification, Validation and Transition to Operation
- Systems Engineering Management, including: Project Planning, Monitoring and Control, tailoring of generic processes, input to technical risks and opportunities
- The application of the fundamental concepts of systems thinking to systems engineering. These include: understanding what a system is; its context within its environment; its boundaries and interfaces; its lifecycle and an appreciation of the role the system plays in the super system of which it is a part.
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A-levels or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Aiming for MEng/BEng in an engineering related subject
- Candidates should be studying for a degree in Engineering.
- Experience with Software will be an advantage.
- Candidates should also have excellent communication and team working skills and a proactive approach to work.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Systems, Computing, Engineering and associated subjects
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.