Technical Solution Lead - SpaceBristol, England
BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services. It is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK
This post is for a Technical Solution Lead to work within the Engineering Function on the Space side of the Government Services business area. As part of the Engineering Function, the successful candidate will be the Engineering Lead for the Space portfolio focusing initially on new business campaigns and opportunities and subsequently on programme execution. This role will work hand in hand with the Business Development Leads in this area to ensure that all Engineering work is planned and executed to meet business needs and governance. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to the BDUK Chief Engineer for technical management and design of system capability, providing technical input for all aspects of projects across all stages of the project lifecycle
This role is fundamental in eliciting and analyzing customers’ true needs/requirements and developing appropriate solutions which are then bid and brought into service. It requires the successful candidate to work in and manage multidisciplinary global teams.
- Determining and managing stakeholder requirements
- Technical Planning and Management to support the development of new business for Space
- Having a collaborative approach across Boeing (within the UK and Internationally) and with Space customers and suppliers
- Communication and engagement with Space customers and key stakeholders to develop, grow and maintain relationships
- Development of a UK Space Technical Capability and Capacity
- Developing robust technical solutions that support Boeing’s business proposition
- Agreement of solutions across the business partners
- Responsibility for Technical Governance
- Instilling Engineering Best Practices and Processes to enhance engineering excellence, First Time Quality and promote Continuous Improvement and Learning from Experience
- Cross–functional integration (e.g. Programme Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations)
- Partnering with Business Development to help shape customer thinking and future requirements
What We're Looking for:
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an engineering related field is Preferred with extensive experience in developing, delivering and managing systems/services in the Space domain
- The ideal candidate will have excellent Customer Facing skills and significant experience in the Space area bringing in-depth expertise on UK Milsatcom, GNSS, PNT, small satellite launch and Space Domain Awareness.
- Some experience with Software Development is also desirable.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More