Training Solutions ArchitectBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Fixed Wing domain and other training areas. This is an exciting time to join a business winning team of training experts.
The successful candidate will lead and develop the Training Solution for a range of large, complex, platform and non-platform programmes. He / She will be directly responsible to the Boeing Defence UK Training Solutions Manager and will be required to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams to undertake the training solution development in support of customer training services.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within the defence Fixed Wing training domain as a recognized training solutions professional. Prior experience as a solution architect is highly desirable as is a previous training background within the fixed wing domain
Key technical competencies:
- Training Analysis - Conducts analyses to capture customer training and wider business needs to inform potential solution concepts and design criteria. Establishes scope and methodology to determine training needs. Provides guidance to TNA team members for the execution and delivery of analysis activities
- Training Solution Design – Controls and creates the design solution to ensure required learning outcomes are met. Articulates solution to other areas of the business
- Training Solution Development - Develops learning methods to align with business aims, culture and technological infrastructure. Sets parameters for the development and production of learning activities/resources/materials accordingly. Uses tools and techniques to demonstrate and support solution development and assessment
- Training Equipment, methods and media - Development of training equipment functional and non-functional requirements to address key performance metrics within the solution design. Assesses key fidelity requirements based on training task fidelity and learning requirements
- Solution Artefacts - Develops solution artefacts and establishment of key training service metrics. Uses tool sets and design knowledge criteria to determine capacity and throughput of training service enablers. Provides guidance for internal and external stakeholders around solution business metrics. Provides SME knowledge to support infrastructure requirements in support of training service devices
Key personal competencies:
- Knowledge - Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognised as a job expert within the department/organization around aviation requlations
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Discretion - Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Impact - Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization
- Liaison - Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives
- Interaction with customers and stakeholders is a key part of this role. It also includes liaising with and providing technical oversight of suppliers (e.g. developing Supplier Statements of Work and specifications, monitoring supplier technical progress)
- Assurance - Uses industry awareness and knowledge of assessment theory to guide the selection of appropriate techniques to gather accurate information on learner skills, knowledge and performance. Analyses this data to check whether learning interventions are in line with desired outcomes, and suggests alterations where necessary. Interprets data to be meaningful to stakeholders and business partners
- Demonstrable lead / practitioner experience undertaking defence / civil related Training Solution Development in the Fixed Wing domain and have sound commercial awareness of training service metrics.
- Exceptional knowledge of the DSAT process and Military Aviation Regulatory environment
- Excellent IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing and facilitation skills
- The ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
- Knowledge of synthetic training techniques
- A Degree level qualification or equivalent professional recognized prior experience / qualification in Training (Preferred) with experience in analysis, design and development of training solutions ideally in a synthetic training environment.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.