C-17 Avionics TechnicianBrize Norton, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as an Avionics Maintenance Technician (Senior Supervisor).
This position is part of the on-site C-17 Field Services Team supporting the Royal Air Force customer at RAF Brize Norton. The Boeing Team at Brize Norton is a vital part of the support that we provide the Royal Air Force Customer. We have a Team of 90 plus employees who work directly for, and with, the C-17 operational team, providing real-time, time critical and dynamic assistance at the point of delivery. This is a Team at the vanguard, and we are offering an opportunity for you to join that Team.
The role will be part of the Boeing MRP 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) who undertake scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of the UK C-17 fleet and work as a blended team alongside RAF personnel on the heavy rectification team. Though you will be assigned to a specific team our support strategy allows for maximum flexibility of the on-site Boeing work force and so you may sometimes be deployed to support the scheduled maintenance team if priorities dictate it.
You will perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests. You will work with peers to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling and maintenance. Candidates will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Experience of working in an (AMO) or a civilian (Maintenance Repair Organisation) MRO would be beneficial. You must have served a recognised relevant aircraft trade apprenticeship or aircraft trade training equivalent, and be proficient in the interpretation of engineering drawings, workbook instructions, and technical manuals.
Candidates should have experience as follows:
- Assembles disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing removing replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees/completes assembly disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex aircraft systems to isolate avionics faults and repair faulty components within guidelines published in authorized maintenance documents.
- Performs testing of systems and components.
- Supervision/leadership of maintenance personnel in an engineering environment.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Proficient computer skills, use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- A high level of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
What we are looking for:
- Prior C-17 Avionic experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Experience with working with limited supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
This is a permanent position and offers an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest aerospace company.
This role will require you to work shifts. The shift pattern is currently on a weekly rotating basis. Week 1 is Monday to Friday 07:45 to 16:30; week 2 is Monday to Thursday 16:00 – 01:45.
Your shift will then rotate from week 1 to week 2 as above. A shift allowance is provided to compensate for these hours and this type of work.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required
All information will be checked and verified
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award