C17 Supply Chain SpecialistBrize Norton, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This position is as a Supply Chain Specialist and part of the on-site C-17 Field Operations Team supporting the Royal Air Force customer at RAF Brize Norton. The Boeing Team at RAF Brize Norton is a vital part of the support that we provide the Royal Air Force Customer. We have a large team of employees who work directly for and with the C-17 operational team, providing real-time, time critical and dynamic assistance at the point of delivery. This is a Team at the vanguard, and we are offering an opportunity for you to join that Team, the successful applicant will be part of the liaison between the Royal Air Force Customer and the various Boeing and US Government Agencies involved in supporting the C-17 worldwide fleet.
Representative Major Tasks include:
Provide retail supply operations at the Main Operating Base (MOB) sufficient to reliably sustain the operation. To include but not limited to:
- Use of applications such as GOLD, WoW, MJDI, PUBLOG, Haystack, C17 Technical Orders and cargo tracking.
- AOG support locally and globally.
- Provide demand and requisition status for all C-17 unique managed parts and customer owned parts defined by the customer.
- Inducting Repair of Repairable assets and components into the repair cycle.
- Receiving parts into a UK Customs Warehousing environment.
- Create, report and manage local UK Customs Warehousing logistical transaction documents.
- Create and manage Import/Export shipping documentation.
- Packaging and Tracking parts for local and global movements.
- Stock, Store and Issue of all C-17 unique managed and RAF owned material such as part sourced from the Defence Logistics Agency, Air Mobility Command, repairables, consumables and Hazardous Fuels, Lubricants and Associated Products (FLAP).
- Physical Inventory management and control to include large volume of stocktaking, reporting, shelf-life reviews, scrapping dispositions, manage and implement cycle count plan, resolve Inventory accuracy errors and undertake Inventory grief resolution.
- Forklift counterbalance, Forklift reach truck and Company Van operator tasks including collection of parts on site from main entrance.
- Warehouse MHE Material Handling Equipment usage experience and ability to execute manual handling for wide variety of parts/equipment safely.
- Support periodic Boeing, Customer, and Regulatory warehouse quality and safety audits.
- Undertake a 100% tool check at the start and finish of every shift.
- Issue and receive hand tools, test equipment and FLAP.
- Check tool kits for serviceability and replace or demand new tools as required.
- Replenish consumable tools kits as required.
- Loan tools in and out of tool stores to other Brize Norton Units.
- This service coverage will sustain 24/7 365 support of operations, required working pattern: shift working days and nights.
Education and Experience:
Typical Education / Experience
You will have experience in or an understanding of warehouse Inventory management principles and control to include - large volumes of stocktaking, reporting, shelf-life reviews, scrapping dispositions, manage and implement cycle count plan, resolving Inventory accuracy errors and undertake Inventory grief resolution.
Aircraft on Ground support experience is preferred.
Warehouse Goods in/Goods out experience is preferred.
An understanding of the full gamut of logistical system tasks, support to maintenance teams of part issues and face to face queries, Inducting assets into the repair cycle and support during audit of quality and safety warehouse operations are all preferred.
Ideally you will have a working knowledge of the GOLD supply application, Warehouse on Web supply application, Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory application, PUBLOG/HAYSTACK part research application, C-17 Technical Orders/Illustrated Parts Breakdown, MILSTRIP ordering process, cargo tracking and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) supply processes
An understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations, is preferential but not essential, training will be provided.
An understanding Foreign Object Damage / Debris and its Airworthiness Implications, is preferential but not essential, training will be provided.
A knowledge of the Manual of Airworthiness Maintenance – Processes and Aviation Engineering Standing Orders is preferential but not essential, training will be provided on both.
Active Civilian Forklift Counterbalance Truck and Reach truck driving licenses are preferred but not essential, training will be provided on both.
Active UK Driving License is essential.
You will have an active UK Security Clearance (at Secret) or the ability and willingness to undertake a clearance process.
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award