Quality Engineer (Aircraft Programmes)Brize Norton, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing provides maintenance, repair and modification support to the RAF fleet of C17 Globemaster aircraft and is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer/Specialist to support these activities.
This role is based at RAF Brize Norton to provide Quality Engineering support to the maintenance and modification activities carried out by Boeing and the RAF on the C-17 aircraft. This is a key role in providing quality assurance against the MRP Part 145 Regulations and AS9100/9110 standards.
- Boeing Defence UK is looking to appoint a Quality Engineer to take responsibility for the provision of Quality Assurance and Compliance monitoring of the C-17 Programme at RAF Brize Norton. A person who is dynamic with a strong ability for self-motivation to lead their own tasks and objectives, as allocated by the on-site Quality Lead.
- Boeing’s Aircraft Programmes Quality Management System (QMS) is approved by the MAA and meets the requirements of the Maintenance Approved Operators Scheme (MAOS).
- The Aircraft Programmes Quality system is also certified to ISO9001:2015 and AS9110C.
- The RAF Brize Norton Quality Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the maintenance of the current approvals/certifications and supporting the delivery of new ones as the company grows.
- The RAF Brize Norton Quality Engineer will be a member of the Aircraft Programmes Quality function and report on Quality matters to the on-site Quality Lead/Form 4 and the Fixed Wing Quality Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
Review the suitability of Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP) of personnel, to allow relevant authorisations to be issued
Leading FOD initiatives and regular walk rounds of Hangar and component workshop
Conducting internal audits against MRP Regulations and AS9100/9110 standards
Undertaking quality and safety investigations
Non-conformance Management and inputting data into Boeing software tools
Supporting customer on site meetings with regards to Quality Occurrence Reports
Supporting Boeing Operations Management with regards to on site and contract Quality Assurance
Other Quality related tasks as directed by the Quality Team Lead and Quality Manager
HNC in an Aerospace/Engineering discipline
Aircraft Maintenance Experience
Experience Aerospace / Defence background
Previous Fixed Wing or Rotorcraft knowledge and experience
Previous experience of Quality Assurance Management
Lead/ Internal Auditor AS9100 /ISO9001
Knowledge of MAA Regulations
Quality Management techniques
Continuous Improvement Techniques and Management
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position based in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities