Facilities ManagerCambridge, Massachusetts
- Evaluation of process equipment condition for suitability
- Maintenance, repair, and upgrading of the existing facility
- Interface with design/build team and subcontractors in the event of renovations and facility build-out
- Coordinate with contractors and landlord when HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc. repairs or upgrades are needed
- Repair and maintenance of lab and process equipment
- Identifying and procurement of new equipment as needed by the engineers
- Primary liaison with outside machine shops and equipment vendors for both fabrication and repair work
- Maintain equipment documentation
- Assist in safety operations, including routine scheduled inspections of equipment including fire extinguishers, safety showers, etc.
- Mounting items, securing ladders, build and stock shelving, organize materials
- Perform facility-based tasks for the EHS Coordinator
- Respond to employees to address their facility needs in a friendly and efficient manner
- Meet with all standard operating procedures, codes and regulations.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Ensure Safety First is executed at workplace and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred), science, or business.
- 5-10+ years related work experience in Facilities
- Excellent inter-personal skills, organization skills, and strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Desire and aptitude to work in a creative start-up environment
- A valid US drivers license
The employee must be willing to work safely and obey all safety regulations a must. Moving and lifting of heavy equipment will be involved; intelligent operation and use of lift assistance equipment required.
Must be available 24/7 to respond to building emergencies or to respond to work being performed by contractors after hours.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More