Program ManagerCambridge, Massachusetts
Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, a subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to disrupt the future of aerospace mobility.
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking Program Managers to lead transformational aerospace development programs. Aurora PMs lead multi-disciplinary teams to execute fast paced, ambitious programs that often progress from conceptual design through detailed design, manufacture, component testing, flight testing, and production. PMs set program goals, execute program plans, and drive innovation. Join our team and lead the development of game changing aircraft!
- Lead the daily execution of the program within contractual requirements to assure that the program’s cost, schedule, and technical performance goals are met.
- Effectively manage the customer relationship to ensure customer satisfaction. Work with the customer to understand their needs and set appropriate requirements, keep the customer appraised of progress, and secure follow on work.
- Create and maintain a project schedule based on customer, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, and sub-contractor inputs.
- Schedule, assign, and support the creation, review and delivery of all contract data requirements lists (CDRLs) deliverables as defined by the contract.
- Establish and monitor program performance measures and metrics.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and allocation of budget and other resources.
- Manage subcontractors and the supply chain.
- Lead the definition of program requirements.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate program risks.
- Assist with program contract management activities including negotiations, agreements, modifications, and new business proposals.
- Communicate program performance and status to the program team and in reviews with senior management.
- Engage in related business development activities, to include interacting with potential future customers, developing program concepts/strategies, and developing winning proposals.
- Develop a product strategy and roadmap and lead the direction of product development.
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex programs and engineering projects.
- Proven ability to develop a deep technical understanding of the product and set the technical direction of a program.
- Experience with manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control.
- Experience developing program metrics and reporting program progress and productivity.
- Experience developing and tracking program budgets and conducting variance analyses.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to technically savvy non-experts.
- Engineering degree and strong working knowledge of the aerospace industry.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- Clearance is strongly preferred
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More