Quality ManagerCambridge, Massachusetts
Quality leader for the AMA site focusing on assuring the delivered aerospace work product (HW and SW) demonstrably conforms to prescribed requirements, and the processes by which the work product is developed/produced are suitably controlled in compliance with AS9100D/AS9115/DO-178C.
- AMA AS9100D/AS9115 QMS establishment, certification, sustainment, and continuous improvement
- Develop and deploy certifiable SW development processes compliant as req’d to DO-178C.
- Lead Auditor focusing on internal and external audits vs req’ts of AS9100D/AS9115/DO-178C. Coordinate, plan, and execute audits; perform gap analyses, interface with customers and/or 3rd party audit organizations; sustain process certifications/accreditations.
- Coordinate and facilitate AMA root cause/corrective actions, preventive actions, and continuous improvements (e.g. FMEAs, process mapping, process development, SW CM, etc.)
- Develop and deliver personnel training in QA methods, techniques, etc. coordinated with Training Mgr.
- QMS processes and procedures (SLP) development, consolidation, and maintenance
- AMA quality metrics reporting, development, standardization, and maintenance
- Evaluate and contribute towards effective work product test methods, equipment, and facilities.
- Support AMA GM with Indirect budget management of the AMA quality function
- Support other sites as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ yrs of applicable work experience in quality assurance in deliverable software development (not website development) with preference for aerospace
- Computer Coding Comprehension—ability to read computer coding languages to identify potential problems and find ways to streamline software
- Experience with ISO9001, AS9100D, AS9115, and/or DO-178C quality management systems.
- Experience with regression test development, execution, data analyses, and metrics.
- Experience with delivered software configuration management processes
- Computer skills include MS Office suite and MATLAB with addition of Minitab preferred
- Stereotypical office environment with test labs rely upon suitable vision, hearing, speech/presentation, and physical dexterity to fulfill the role’s expectations.
- Primarily first shift with occasional off-shift expectations as may be req’d.
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. We aim to change the way we travel.
We frequently achieve what others can’t due to a combination of experience, persistence, collaboration, and a culture of innovation. Projects are ambitious and risky. We apply breakthrough technologies to create a new state of the art, rather than advancing the old one.
During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to disrupt the future of the aerospace industry.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More