Robotics EngineerCambridge, Massachusetts
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware and software for new aerospace applications. Click to apply and find out more!
The Robotics Engineer contributes to conceptualizing, designing, building, testing, and demonstrating robot prototypes, in dynamic simulation, controlled lab settings, hardware-in-the-loop aircraft simulations, and in flight on full-scale aircraft.
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware for new aerospace applications. We develop and apply state-of-the-art technologies in sensing, actuation, planning, design, and system verification & validation to bring innovative robot prototypes to life.
- The Robotics Engineer contributes to conceptualizing, designing, building, testing, and demonstrating robot prototypes, in dynamic simulation, controlled lab settings, hardware-in-the-loop aircraft simulations, and in flight on full-scale aircraft.
- Position is available for both hardware and software-oriented roboticists.
- Minimum Requirements
- 0 – 10 years experience.
- Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Candidates must have demonstrated interest and ability to design and build robots.
- Candidates must have excellence in at least one of the following, and a working knowledge or interest in a majority of the others:
- Real-time computation
- Power electronics
- Trajectory planning
- Electromechanical system design
- Machine vision
- Rapid prototyping
- Dynamic simulation
- Tactile sensing
- Low-level motor control
- Acceptance testing of physical robot hardware
- Real-time control of multi-DOF robots
- Software engineering
- Communication protocols
- Embedded systems
- Candidates should have a zeal for working on high-functioning and diverse teams and for making real systems work.
Occasionally required to travel
Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More