Robotics Software EngineerCambridge, Massachusetts
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware and software for new aerospace applications. Click to apply and find out more!
The Autonomy Research Division was formed to address a growing research area at Aurora. Specifically, ARD applies select disciplines to the development of advanced autonomous systems, supporting levels of autonomy ranging from unmanned aircraft to optionally-piloted aircraft and human-automation teaming within the flight deck.
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware and software for new aerospace applications. We develop and apply state-of-the-art technologies in sensing, actuation, planning, design, and system verification & validation to bring innovative robot prototypes to life.
- 2 – 5 years experience
- Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Candidates must demonstrate interest and ability to design and build robots
- Candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
- Object oriented software design and implementation
- Electromechanical system design and integration
- Software version control (e.g., git)
- Candidates must demonstrate working knowledge or interest in a majority of the following:
- Acceptance testing of physical robot hardware
- Communication protocols
- Dynamic simulation
- Embedded systems
- CNC machining
- Low-level motor control
- Machine vision
- Power electronics
- Rapid prototyping
- Real-time computation
- Real-time control of multi-DOF robots
- Tactile sensing
- Trajectory planning
- Candidates should have a zeal for working on high-functioning and diverse teams and for making real systems work.
- Some travel required
- Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More