Sr. Perception EngineerCambridge, Massachusetts
We are seeking experts and explorers in the areas of perception and sensor fusion, machine learning, human-collaborative engineering, big data, deep learning, novel algorithm development for breakthrough autonomy research!
Aurora Flight Science is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft.
Aurora Flight Science is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can aid in Aurora’s efforts to perform novel perception technologies on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
Purpose of this role:
Qualified candidates will be expected to have experience in optical systems hardware and computer vision software to architect vehicle autonomy solution using vision-based localization and mapping algorithms. The qualifying engineer will have the capability of integrating hardware, firmware, and software such as cameras, lasers, LEDs, IMUs on an embedded hardware platform such as NVidia Xavier / Tegra / Jetson or Intel NUC. Experience with C/C++ in Linux and parallel programming on GPGPU using OpenCL or CUDA is required. The candidate should have experience in utilizing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and software packages such as OpenCV. The engineer is expected to properly document and present results to enable further growth of future commercial and government ventures.
Perform independent and team research and development involving architecting, coding, simulation, and integration of control system components for enabling flight vehicle autonomy, control, and estimation. Work side-by-side with world class researchers to create cool and innovative autonomy-related products and tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Aero/Astro, Electrical Engineering or other applicable field with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience integrating working systems on embedded hardware such as NVidia Xavier/Tegra/Jetson or Intel NUC
- Experience with hardware such as cameras, lidar, lasers, and MEMS mirrors
- Experience in software architecture and Docker
- Experience in computer vision, point cloud processing or radar signal processing.
- Experience with OpenCV, MATLAB, Ubuntu/CentOS, and git
- Experience with parallel programming on GPGPU using OpenCL or CUDA
- Demonstrated leadership qualities sufficient to enable such roles on programs
- Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Experience with PCL, Caffe, CNNs, and TensorFlow
- Experience with DO-178C and IBM Doors
- Experience with leading group of engineers for perception effort under various programs
Ability to support travel
Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More