Staff Engineer-Mechanical SystemsCambridge, Massachusetts
In this role, you will be contributing in the design, fabrication and testing of mechanical systems for UAVs and optionally piloted aircraft.
Aurora’s work environment provides significant responsibility and authority to implement robust, cost-effective, and high-performing technical solutions. As part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, this engineer participates in hands-on engineering, from concept through implementation, and integration all the way to flight test.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university
- Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on mechanical engineering professional experience
- Strong technical background including familiarity with industry standards for mechanical system design, integration, and test for aerospace.
- Proficiency in static FEA and kinematic analysis techniques, and experience in dynamic and/or thermal analysis
- Experience with hardware performance and certification tests
- Hands-on experience working with machine shops, specifying fasteners, bearings, and other hardware
- Experience with CAD software (CATIA v5 preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university
- Experience with development of mechanical systems for UAVs and optionally piloted aircraft
- MATLAB/Python/VBA/macros coding experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team consisting of design, analysis, test and/or manufacturing personnel
- Experience with FAA certification activities, designing to appropriate FAR standards and interfacing with DARs and DERs
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and CAD file structure along with tolerance analysis capabilities. Experience in application ASME Y14.41 methods for Model Based Definition is desirable
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Some travel required (10-25% depending on location)
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More