Custodian/Janitor - Multiple Levels NeededChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking Experienced Custodians/Janitors to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
• Utilizes extensive knowledge of custodial tasks and cleaning processes.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Participates in determining details of assignments to accomplish objectives and may provide guidance to less experienced custodians.
• Vacuum and spot carpets; dusts and mops floors; empty trash; clean and sanitize toilets, showers, sinks, locker rooms and break rooms.
• Applies knowledge of cleaning processes to clean, shampoo, scrub, polish and/or wax specialized flooring such as carpet, marble, terrazzo, stone, and tile.
• Applies safety techniques and storage methods in the completion of daily cleaning activities and revises scheduled if warranted.
• Ensures equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
• Anticipates egress/ingress safety concerns and places floor mats as necessary at entrances to ensure tenant safety.
• May be required to cut replacement mats. Applies proper safety techniques and storage methods in the completion of daily custodial activities and may provide guidance to less experience custodians. Is knowledgeable of the security requirements for multiple areas.
• With minimal supervision, plans and arranges team schedules in support of daily cleaning activities and revises schedule if warranted.
• Obtains and provides information to lessen customer business disruption during custodial activities.
• Maintains awareness of supply levels and initiates reorder when supply goes below required levels.
• Tracks orders, maintains documentation and ensures supply delivery to required areas.
• Provides guidance on cleaning techniques to less experienced custodians and ensures additional training is provided as needed.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start
• Minimum 3 years experience as a custodian or janitor
• Capable of lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• A current Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance
• Experience using floor machines i.e. strippers, waxing and buffers
• Experience using "green" products
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The future of aerospace
Our teams are leading the next wave of technological advancements at Boeing. Our future begins with today's innovation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More