Electrician - Multiple Levels NeededChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking Experienced Electricians to fill multiple position levels for our business in Chantilly, VA.
• Maintain, install and repair 120/208 volt and 277/ 480 volt electrical power distribution systems including electrical main gear, transformers, feeders, panels, branch, circuits, motors, lighting and troubleshooting systems.
• Uses general knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures.
• With limited supervision, constructs commercial office space by providing overall electrical capabilities.
• Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Repairs and maintains power plant and office facilities equipment and can demonstrate advanced skill level in these areas.
• Interprets basic schematics and diagrams.
• Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and evaluates product capabilities.
• May receive specialized equipment training.
• May provide guidance and training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
• Lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Climb ladders, work from aerial/scissor lifts, walk on grid platforms and work from the roofs of commercial building.
• Frequent reaching above shoulder level, climbing, kneeling, bending, and continuous standing.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph post-start
• Electrician experience
• Capable of lifting, pushing and pulling up to 35lbs
• Ability to work a flexible schedule/overtime on occasion if needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Journeyman or master electrician license
• High Voltage Electrician Experience
• A valid driver’s license
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The future of aerospace
Our teams are leading the next wave of technological advancements at Boeing. Our future begins with today's innovation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More