Experienced Construction Management SpecialistChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Construction Management Specialist to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
- Administers contractor activities by participating in contractor selection, contract award, contract change negotiations, constructability reviews, and cost/schedule visibility, such as management, customer and contractor reviews to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Obtains facilities design (Boeing and contract) and resource commitments for complex projects.
- Develops work package that can include budget/funding source, schedule, drawings, specifications, statement of work, procurement, estimates.
- Coordinates with affected parties such as customer, designers, SHEA, crafts, security, and network infrastructure to create an agreed to implementation plan.
- Assembles and releases work package by collecting and integrating various individual documents such as facilities work order, contract service request, drawings, vendor quotes, schedule, permits.
- Finalized work package will provide documents to implement the project.
- Evaluates requests and meet with customer to define requirements for complex projects.
- Identifies acceptable options with customer to clarify needs and develop the preliminary scope of work in order to meet the customer's requirements.
- Creates layouts and conceptual designs.
- With minimal guidance, ensures compliance with Boeing and regulatory standards such as city, county, state, federal.
- Develops options so that facilities modifications are accomplished within project objectives. Works with affected parties to define functionality and constructability.
- Supports development of conceptual, budgetary, and detailed cost estimates to assist in the business case analysis.
- Negotiates, with assistance, options with customer to select the best solution for customer and company.
- With minimal assistance, on complex projects, ensures completion and retention of project records by following the standard operating procedure for closure and update of appropriate documents, forms, permits, work management systems, commissioning and as-built drawings.
- Ensures comprehensive closeout and retention of project and contract files to provide an audit trail for Records Retention, Internal Audit, Internal Revenue Service, Property Accounting, Legal, and Facilities.
- With minimal assistance, monitors and coordinate implementation activities on complex projects, such as relocations, construction, utility shutdowns, budget management, schedule, and project reviews.
- Coordinate support functions such as vendors, security, fire, SHEA, network infrastructure and verifies compliance with project documents.
- Ensures that project implementation meets established quality, cost, schedule targets and regulatory requirements.
- Receives customer requests for complex projects, such as construction, rearrangements, moves, and asset acquisition, via various electronic methods.
- Validates against acceptance criteria for new requests and acknowledges customer requests.
- With minimal guidance, logs requests into work management system in order to document, track, and perform work.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 4 years Project or Construction Management experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience with government contracts
- SAP experience
- Experience with customer-facing activities
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More