Experienced Custodian / JanitorChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Custodian/Janitor to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
• Utilizes extensive knowledge of custodial tasks and cleaning processes.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Participates in determining details of assignments to accomplish objectives and may provide guidance to less experienced custodians.
• Vacuum and spot carpets; dusts and mops floors; empty trash; clean and sanitize toilets, showers, sinks, locker rooms and break rooms.
• Applies knowledge of cleaning processes to clean, shampoo, scrub, polish and/or wax specialized flooring such as carpet, marble, terrazzo, stone, and tile.
• Applies safety techniques and storage methods in the completion of daily cleaning activities and revises scheduled if warranted.
• Ensures equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
• Anticipates egress/ingress safety concerns and places floor mats as necessary at entrances to ensure tenant safety.
• May be required to cut replacement mats. Applies proper safety techniques and storage methods in the completion of daily custodial activities and may provide guidance to less experience custodians. Is knowledgeable of the security requirements for multiple areas.
• With minimal supervision, plans and arranges team schedules in support of daily cleaning activities and revises schedule if warranted.
• Obtains and provides information to lessen customer business disruption during custodial activities.
• Maintains awareness of supply levels and initiates reorder when supply goes below required levels.
• Tracks orders, maintains documentation and ensures supply delivery to required areas.
• Provides guidance on cleaning techniques to less experienced custodians and ensures additional training is provided as needed.
This position requires an ability to obtain US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Ability to obtain US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a custodian or janitor
- Capable of constant standing and walking; frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling and occasional kneeling; and lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• A current Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance
• Experience using floor machines i.e. strippers, waxing and buffers
• Experience using "green" products
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.