Experienced Facilities ArchitectChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Facilities Architect to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
- Develops moderately complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the architectural phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
- Reviews architectural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials.
- Communicates problems and issues to others for resolution.
- Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies.
- Develops moderately complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the civil/structural phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
- Reviews civil/structural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials.
- Create technical design packages for a large campus per project requirements.
- Produce multi-discipline design packages for both internal and external construction teams.
- Printout and update as-built drawings.
- Modify master files as required by turned in redlines from the construction teams.
- Prepares design drawings and construction documents utilizing AutoCAD.
- Prepares design criteria and specifications, defines asset requirements, administers configuration of asset documents, develops work packages and drafts statements of work.
- Researches and applies code requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 3 years AUTOCAD experience
- Architectural experience
- Customer Service experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- SAP experience
- A current Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More