Experienced Facility Mill/Mod SpecialistChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Facility Mill/Mod Specialist to support our business in Chantilly, VA. Custom architectural millwork requires the work of an expert, a skilled professional who can craft fine woodwork, cabinetry, and décor in commercial structures.
- Fabricate and install decorative and functional elements, including trim and molding, cabinetry, displays, and more.
- Utilize general knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures.
- With limited supervision, constructs commercial office space by providing overall construction capabilities.
- Read more complex blueprints.
- Respond to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Repairs and maintains plant and office facilities equipment and demonstrates advanced skill level in these areas.
- Interpret basic schematics and diagrams.
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees.
- Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities.
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools to construct, renovate and repair facilities and equipment.
- May receive specialized equipment training. May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience as a Mill/Mod Specialist
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start
- Capable of lifting and moving up to 35lbs frequently
- A current valid drivers license
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Additional Information: -1st shift hours are 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Build the future with us
We’re hiring experienced Information Technology professionals in Las Cruces, New Mexico and Springfield, Virginia.Learn More
CAREER EVENT | SEPT 19 HERNDON, VA
Meet hiring managers to discuss opportunities for experienced engineers.Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More