Experienced Grounds Maintenance TechnicianChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Grounds Maintenance Technician to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
• Maintain exterior campus facilities to include, but not limited to the following.
• Remove snow via snowplow vehicles and shovels.
• Spread ice melt via spreader and other methods.
• Clean facility grounds via sweeper equipment or manual methods.
• Remove debris as required.
• Maintain and repair small engines, such as tractors, UTVs, and/or other small engines.
• DC knowledge for repairing electrical issues on vehicles and equipment.
• Must be able to work in severe/extreme weather conditions, such as hot or cold temperatures, rain, sleet, or snow.
• Oversee and work with sub-contractors such as, but not limited to, landscaping companies and barrier maintenance companies.
• Capable of working with limited supervision.
• Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Repairs and maintains exterior facilities equipment such as generators.
• Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities.
• May receive specialized equipment training.
• May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
• Uses customer service concepts (courteous, professional, delivers on time services, honest, etc.).
• Work in a team environment.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• A valid driver’s license
• Capable to lift, push and pull up to 35lbs for extended periods of time
• Must be willing to work long hours during severe weather events
• Grounds Maintenance experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Small engine technician experience
• Certified auto technician
• Certified diesel technician
• A current Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More