Experienced HVAC Trouble Call TechnicianChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced HVAC Trouble Call Technician to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) on HVAC equipment, perform diagnostic and troubleshooting skills on multiple types of HVAC equipment.
- Utilizes HVAC codes, regulations and safety procedures. to include rough-in and lay out, perform preventive maintenance on equipment, and troubleshoot more complex problems.
- Uses blueprints or design specifications to install or repair HVAC systems.
- Connects systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components.
- Installs electrical wiring and controls and test for proper operation.
- Inspects and maintain customers’ HVAC systems.
- Tests individual components to determine necessary repairs.
- Repairs or replace worn or defective parts.
- Reads more complex blueprints and is familiar with building codes.
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service concepts (i.e., courteous, punctual, honest, etc.).
- Assists other trades as needed.
- Lifting and carrying up to 35lbs, climbing ladders, walking on a grid platform and on rooftops. Frequent climbing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, walking and continuous standing.
- Under minimal supervision uses hand and power tools to construct, renovate, maintain and repair facilities and equipment.
- May receive specialized equipment training as required to maintain facilities.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. ( A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 4 years experience as a HVAC Technician
- Capable of working flexible hours to include overtime and weekends, when necessary
- Customer Service experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - C
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More