Experienced Mission Planner
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Mission Planner
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a Mission Planner to join the Chantilly, VA Team. The Mission Operations Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling of activities performed for the operation of a complex real-time system. Candidates should have experience in de-confliction of system assets and resources for a 24x7 operational system. You will coordinate the long-term schedule for an operational system and support re-planning for contingency and emergency operations.
This position is not a master scheduler or MS Project type of position. It is a certified operations position which provides planning and scheduling functions utilizing custom software. This position works closely with the customer and requires a professional and customer focused attitude
Position Responsibilities/Duties include and not limited to:
- Ability to work a rotating shifts in a 24x7 Operations team environment to include working weekends and holidays
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems following defined procedures
- Escalate issues as required
- Recognize and Document System Discrepancies
- Identify and Propose opportunities for system improvement
- Coordinate, update and create necessary procedures
- Identify issues and write Discrepancy Reports noting anomalous conditions
- Willingness to complete positional and corporate training requirements
- Certification required – Combination of self-led reading, observation, and on the job training provided resulting in a passing evaluation from designated trainer, evaluator, Operations Manager, and Training Lead
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing priorities, multiple demands and crises
- Must demonstrate strength in attention to detail
- Participate in the development of engineering processes, methods and tools for use as a planner
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on profile/resume to be considered.
This position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2 or more years’ experience supporting rotating shifts in a 24x7 Operations team environment with operations planning/operations support of systems engineering projects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.