Experienced Move TechnicianChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Move Technician to support our business in Chantilly, VA. This opportunity will allow you to support the Boeing team by providing general knowledge of materials management, handling of furniture and equipment while following safety procedures at our Chantilly, VA location.
• Assist in coordinating on-time delivery of simple office moves of furniture, chairs, file safes, and personal belongings.
• Perform all aspects of internal and external relocations, including the breakdown and setup of equipment.
• Maneuver heavy items with standard handling equipment to support move requirements.
• Utilize and understand detailed move plans for small to complex specialized moves and perform in team environment.
• Use various hand and power tools to support move requirements.
• Drive a 26 foot enclosed truck used for delivery of products.
• Utilize excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Update information management system and use Microsoft applications to support business requirements.
• Travel locally to support activities between other facilities.
• Provides basic support in response to trouble calls and becomes knowledgeable of customer service concepts.
• Performs basic repair and maintenance of furniture and equipment.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Must meet physical requirements to lift and move objects up to 35 pounds
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to work 1st shift hours; 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• An active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph
• Microsoft Office experience to include; Word, Excel and Power Point
• SAP experience
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More