Facilities Project Management Specialist - Mid LevelChantilly, Virginia
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Mid Level Facilities Project Management Specialist to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
This position involves planning and handling a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will coordinate and prioritize construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Looking for an individual that is well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate with a team of professionals from different fields to achieve the best results. Candidate will have also have an analytical mind and amazing organizational skills.
- Obtains information from various resources, to support the development and formalization of integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle
- Assists in consolidation of independently generated project data and works with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure customer understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk
- Supports the development of project plan, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R)
- Supports formalized project change control board and processes, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are accurately documented and submitted for approval or rejection
- Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines
- Collects data from various resources, using interview techniques, to assist in the identification of requirements vital to meet project needs
- Participates in defining scope with the project team, applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures to ensure all of the work and only the work required to complete the project is included in the baseline
- Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources
- Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met
- Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes
- Establishes cost baseline
- Monitors baseline, using earned value management system
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met
- Supports the identification and formalization required for communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program and functional organizations
- Prepares and presents briefings to project team for purpose of communicating project(s) status, identifying issues and soliciting guidance for resolution
- Gathers potential risk factors by using established project management tools, to assist in the identification of project risks
- Assists in risk assessment, by applying standard project risk techniques
- Develops risk response plan and makes recommendations to project stakeholders to minimize project risk
- Investigates for project team, the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at our Chantilly, VA. location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph Pre-Start is required.
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years of Project or Construction Management experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- SAP Experience
- Maximo experience
- Experience working with U.S. Government contracts
- An active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with an adjudicated Counterintelligence or Full Scope Polygraph
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $93,500 - $120,500
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award