First Line Facilities Project Management ManagerChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) Infrastructure Support Services program is seeking a highly professional First Line Facilities Project Management (PM) Manager to hit the ground running in leading a team of project managers and administrators in Chantilly, VA.
The PM team is collocated in a 24/7 government facility where they conduct numerous ongoing projects related to the site's electrical infrastructure and mechanical support equipment. Furthermore, the team executes high-profile activities related to office space planning/moves/renovations, facility IT upgrades, and other specialty projects that keep the team in the middle of the action.
- Manages employee activities within the facilities occupation for projects pertaining to all aspects of facility and site operations.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals for a team of 10 project managers and administrators.
- Develops procedures/processes for incorporating basic PM practices into a classified environment using the customer's IT application.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with government customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports.
- Provides top notch customer service to critical customer operations at 24/7 site in Chantilly, VA.
- Guide the team through all steps in the project lifecycle - from proposal to closeout - and hold the team accountable for their performance.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees towards successful planning and execution of electrical, mechanical, security, IT, infrastructure, and office renovation projects.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a favorably adjudicated Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph post-start
- Customer service experience
- Technical experience with financial, contracting, and engineering principles
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree preferred especially in an engineering, project management, finance, or IT discipline
- Customer-facing experience as a contractor
- Prior management experience
- Program Management Professional(PMP) certification
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More