Mid Level Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Mid Level Software Engineer
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join its team in Chantilly, VA; Mountain View, CA; Seal Beach, CA; Aurora, CO, or Fairfax, VA. The program seeks a highly talented, motivated, and creative software developer to engineer new solutions and support existing capabilities of an agile software program for the national intelligence community.
Primary responsibilities include supporting software development tasks including detailed software design, coding, and unit/integration testing of customer desired features/user stories. Specifically, this position will be involved with the development and sustainment of new and existing applications; as well as troubleshooting and resolving various software issues. In addition, the engineer will be expected to contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture. The existing system is developed on a cloud infrastructure with several consumer-facing web applications.
- ***CURRENT SSBI CLEARANCE WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY IS REQUIRED***
- ***MUST BE WILLING TO SIT FOR A CI POLYGRAPH AFTER START DATE***
- Candidates should have a solid background in Java and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns. (1-2 years of experience)
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), agile software development, continuous integration, and dependency management is preferred.
- Experience using dependency management (Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience developing and maintaining SOAP, RMI, REST APIs and interfaces
- Experience using cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Knowledge of Git or other DVCS
- Experience/knowledge of the GEOINT domain
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.