Network Designer 4Chantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is looking for an Experienced Network Designer based out of Chantilly, VA.
Limited travel may be required for this position.
- Design, install, configure and maintain network components to support facility system infrastructure that include local and wide area networks.
- Perform facility system hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of network components to support the architecture.
- Delivers support for the design, validation and configuration management of networks.
- Administers access to network equipment and works to protect information to meet security requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes information security reports to identify current threats, determine appropriate solutions, and implement approved security measures.
- Installs patches, modified security files, controls file and data access.
- Establishes backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
- Conducts root cause analysis where required to identify causes of problems resolved and develop and deploy mitigation plans.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires an active Top Secret, U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- A current active DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Network +, Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Experience & Skills):
- Technical Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years’ experience of Network Design, IT System Integration or System Design
- System Administrator experience for first level support to assist enterprise team
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.)
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More