Operations Lead (Systems Engineering Analyst)
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Operations Lead (Systems Engineering Analyst)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Operations Lead (Systems Engineering Analyst). This is a level 3 position. You will be joining the Mission Operations team located in Chantilly, Virginia.
The Operations Lead (O.L.) reports to the Operations Manager for a 24X7 operations center. The O.L. will lead, coach, and develop a small team of operators in a real-time operations environment, as well as oversee the day to day operations of a complex system. When on the operations floor, the O.L. will be the Lead Boeing Operations representative. The O.L. is required to obtain certification as O.L. within 3 months of report date.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of mission objectives.
- Delegates responsibilities among staff members and operations team
- Serves as the operations focal point between management and customer representatives during both nominal and anomalous operations
- Coordinates planned/unplanned facility activities that may impact operations
- Participates in the development of engineering processes, procedures, methods, and tools
- Technical analysis
- Lead a small team of operators
- Function in a high-stress operational environment
Must be willing to work a rotating variable shift, including weekends and overtime. This position is a 12-hour rotating shift schedule.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
This position also requires a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on resume. This position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in UNIX or LINUX and Windows environments
- Ability to complete a certification program. Specialized training provided (combination of self-study and on-the-job training) in order to learn the necessary skills allowing them to obtain the necessary certifications required for this position
- Experience leading, coaching and developing others
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Experience in space and satellite systems
- Experience with Linux commands
- Experience working in a 24/7 operations environment
- Demonstrates strength in attention to detail
- Experience adjusting to changing priorities
- Bachelor's degree
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master + 3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.