Senior 2nd Shift ElectricianChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Electrician to support our 2nd shift business in Chantilly, VA.
• Maintain, install and repair 120/208 volt and 277/ 480 volt electrical power distribution systems including electrical main
gear, transformers, feeders, panels, branch circuits, motors, lighting and troubleshooting systems.
• General knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures.
• With limited supervision, constructs commercial office space by providing overall electrical capabilities.
• Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Repairs and maintains power plant and office facilities equipment and can demonstrate advanced skill level in these
• Interpret basic schematics and diagrams.
• Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and evaluates product capabilities.
• May receive specialized equipment training.
• May provide guidance and training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
• Lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Climb ladders, work from aerial/scissor lifts, walk on grid platforms and work from the roofs of commercial building.
• Frequent reaching above shoulder level, climbing, kneeling, bending, and continuous standing.
• Responsible for small renovation jobs.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum 5 years electrician experience
• A valid driver’s license
• Capable of lifting, pushing and pulling up to 35lbs
• Able to work 2nd shift hours; 1:00pm – 11:30pm Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday
• Ability to work a flexible schedule/overtime on occasion as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• A current active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S.
• Experience providing exceptional customer service
• Experience with electrical system maintenance best practices in industry or government
• Journeyman or master electrician license
• Advanced level of computer proficiency
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Build the future with us
We’re hiring experienced Information Technology professionals in Las Cruces, New Mexico and Springfield, Virginia.Learn More
CAREER EVENT | SEPT 19 HERNDON, VA
Meet hiring managers to discuss opportunities for experienced engineers.Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More