Senior ElectricianChantilly, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Electrician to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
- Maintain, install and repair 120/208 volt and 277/ 480 volt electrical power distribution systems including electrical main gear, transformers, feeders, panels, branch circuits, motors, lighting and troubleshooting systems.
- General knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures.
- With limited supervision, constructs commercial office space by providing overall electrical capabilities.
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Repairs and maintains power plant and office facilities equipment and can demonstrate advanced skill level in these areas.
- Interpret basic schematics and diagrams.
- Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and evaluates product capabilities.
- May receive specialized equipment training.
- May provide guidance and training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
- Lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Climb ladders, work from aerial/scissor lifts, walk on grid platforms and work from the roofs of commercial building.
- Frequent reaching above shoulder level, climbing, kneeling, bending, and continuous standing.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Current Journeyman or Master Electrician license
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience leading teams
- Experience managing facility maintenance projects
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More