Software Engineer - Early Career
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer - Early Career
- As a member of a 20-30 person project team, this individual will be assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered application software systems used to support the command and control of space vehicles.
- The developer will design, implement, test, and document new features and improvements for web applications and distributed computing solutions.
- The developer works under general supervision to complete assigned software development tasks.
- The developer will also participate in team activities, including stand-ups, code reviews, design sessions, and demos. In addition, they will automate testing and deployment of new features and products.
- Develops and maintains Java for new cloud initiatives
- Develops and maintains Java and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops design documentation prior to coding, and user training documentation for delivery with the finished product
- Develops and executes unit and integrated test procedures
- Adheres to team development standards for software processes, tools and metrics
- Participates in multiple application development specialties, including graphical user interface development, mathematical and logical algorithm development, and database structure design
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Java proficient
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methods
- Must be able to integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Must be able to write unit test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Must have experience developing and maintaining documentation of architecture designs, requirements, algorithms and user interfaces for software systems.
- Experience with Linux or any Unix-based operating system
- Knowledge and experience with J2EE-based architectures and restful web services
- Experience with relational database systems, SQL and relational table design
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in developing web-applications and components utilizing Angular framework
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE
- Experience with Git or Subversion configuration management systems
- Experience with Atlassian development tools.
- Current polygraph.