Spacecraft Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Spacecraft Systems Engineer
***This position requires an active TS/SSBI security clearance***
Seeking a spacecraft vehicle engineer (VE) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities. The VE will ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.
The position includes regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities. The position will involve: Applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Other responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Reviewing operational logs
- Daily trend plots analysis
- Limit check review
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc
- Updating documentation as required
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective
- Support calibration activities as required
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
Current/Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance or a current Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is required. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Classroom or work related experience with aerospace engineering vehicles
- May be required to work a variety of fluctuating shifts (to include 24x7), and may be required to complete a certification/qualification program.