Systems Engineering Support Analyst
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineering Support Analyst
The Boeing Company is seeking a systems engineer analyst working in a software testing capacity to join a 20-30 person project team, assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered data centers used to support the command and control of space vehicles. Team projects require the development of custom application software, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer network infrastructure. This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
This individual will participate in all phases of the computer system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
• Understand and apply the concepts of operations necessary for users to satisfy their goals and understand how they apply to testing activities
• Work in a team environment and demonstrate testing expertise and general understanding of various technical software topics
• Develop an understanding of test system designs and formal requirements that drive the overall system software functional requirements
• Provide suggestions/inputs on requirements changes and updates to continuously improve and/or update system designs
• Acquire the knowledge for testing and evaluation of software algorithms to ensure that they meet performance and formal requirements specifications
• After instruction and training from a mentor, complete testing and evaluation of specialized graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to ensure end user needs are met
• With guidance from a mentor, obtain the ability to test and evaluate database table models supporting software application development to include evaluating software database interactions and the timing for output results
• In coordination with your mentor develop an understanding of the system integration requirements needed to support all forms to testing activities
• After receiving training, have the ability to independently write formal system software test reports to support the verification and delivery of custom software to the customer system environment and once trained, complete these tasks with little guidance from an assigned mentor
• Participate in design review presentations to communicate software test plan and activities
• Demonstrate initiative and self-starter abilities in working tasks as well as solutions to testing issues
• With your assigned mentor, complete within 4 months the initial certification training for the tester position
• Some occasional call-in or weekend work
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
•Technical degree (four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
•1+ years experience with, and knowledge of software testing and related tasks
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix and working knowledge of Windows based systems
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools including
PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents and Excel
• Knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process, or other corrective action resolution processes to include basic understanding of discrepancy/defect issues and artifacts assessment;
• Knowledge of Web-based tools, such as SharePoint and an understanding of the use of Web links;
• Knowledge of basic systems engineering principles used to create process-driven documentation, manage project/program requirements, and produce task schedules;
• Some experience speaking in front of a group and the ability to schedule and facilitate coordination meetings.
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
This position is located in the Chantilly, VA area and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.Yes, 10 % of the Time Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company