Facilities & Asset Management Plant Engineer Civil/StrucCharleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing South Carolina Facilities Engineering is seeking a Civil Engineer to support 787 production in the following roles:
- Fall-Protection Qualified Person (ANSI Z359)
- Crane Load Testing (OSHA CFR 1910.179, CMAA Specifications, ASME/ANSI B30 Standards and Boeing PROs)
- Project structural/wind/seismic requirements as well as reviews - 2015 International Building Code, ASCE 7-10 (design criteria, design reviews, project submittal reviews and construction inspections)
- Stormwater management – North Charleston Storm Water Design Standards, S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control, (support maintenance of existing stormwater systems)
- Emergency events – Preparedness and post-event support – FEMA Certifications, ATC-20 Post Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings, ATC-45 Safety Evaluation After Wind Storms and Floods
- Safety - structural damage evaluations, investigations, oversight of repairs and inspections for tooling, equipment, utility structures, production flooring, flightline, buildings and roadways.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- More than 3 years experience in a production environment
- More than 3 years experience with facilities management
- Civil structured experience
- FEMA Certifications
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More