Entry Level Software DeveloperChennai, Tamil Nadu
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
The Boeing India Engineering team is currently looking for Entry Level Softwa Developer to join their team in Chennai, India. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Services business organization.
• Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them as part of Sprint Planning
• Contributes to the Backlog refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level of DOR
• Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
• Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO accordingly to arrive at a solution
• Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
• Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated
• Develops working software towards committed Team PI Objectives and Iteration plans
• Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards
• Designs for testability: Design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation
• Works on prototyping and evaluates technical feasibility
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Technical Bachelor's degree or Master degree
• Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, and user-friendly applications for large and complex aviation related systems
• Must have experience with Spring Framework, REST & SOAP based Web Services and SOA
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML. Must have experience using Software Design Patterns, Standards and Best Practices within the industry.
• Hands-on experience with Azure or AWS or GCP Cloud is preferred
• Desire to learn and conduct hands-on experimentation, product evaluations and proof of concepts in various diverse array of technologies
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages. Experience in best practices and Tools around CI/CD
• Knowledge of integrating with Maven, GIT and Shell scripting
• Good knowledge of database concepts with knowledge on writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
• Experience in understanding and interacting with multiple data formats
• Experience in database modelling (Posgres databases such as Cosmos DB) is preferred
• Ability to rapidly learn and understand software from source code
• Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations
• Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones
• Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/User Story creation as well as solution design and architecture
• Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members. To be effective, this person must earn the respect of the Scrum teams, Scrum Masters, Technical Architect, and Release Train Manager, Business teams, customers and all other different stakeholders
• Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment
• Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding
• Should be an excellent team player
Desired Skills (Preferred Skills):
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master + 1 years' related work experience.
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award