Entry Level Structural & Payload Design EngineerChennai, Tamil Nadu
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Entry Level Struct & Payloads Design Engineer to join their team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will work collaboratively with team and shall work with the Engineering Manager, execute Structural & Payloads design engineering work statements to develop or optimize the designs, engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, support innovative technologies and digital initiatives.
- You will execute the technical projects with the supervision of Technical lead engineer or Technical experts, reporting to Engineering Manager.
- You will assist mechanical design and analysis of a wide range of mechanical structures, systems and other aircraft /Aerospace components.
- You will take technical guidance and mentorship during project execution.
- You will collaborate with team members during project execution and shall provide a periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- You will provide assistance in converting the customer requirements to project deliverables and define suitable processes to achieve the desired results/outcome.
- You will assist in creating statements of work, estimates, resource plans, and schedules
- You will assist management on resource requirements.
- You will pro-actively seek information and assist to complete the work statements.
- You will assist the experts in applying use of design automation wherever possible.
- You will assist in building technical performance metrics to measure project progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- You will assist in domestic and global teams from a modern innovative and collaborative environment.
- You shall assist teams in out of the box and apply problem-solving skills to find solutions appropriately.
- You will assist in gathering relevant data for root cause analysis and produce changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- You will assist in supporting initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
This position will be in Boeing India Private Limited, Chennai, India.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines.
- Entry level to 5 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Good knowledge in aerospace material selection, Detail, Assembly and Installation drawings, MBD - Model Based Definition creation), processes specifications, perform analyses like tolerance stack up, engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- Good knowledge in structural design, mechanical design, and electrical wire harness design and material properties.
- Good understanding on industry standards, aircraft requirements, design and certification.
- You shall perform with positive attitude and highest work ethics.
- You shall have basic experience in developing designs using CAD Tool - CATIA for Modeling, Assembling and Drafting. Model Based Definition is an added advantage.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Understanding of design and development as part of New Product development process, redesigns and Inservice design investigations.
- Good written/Email and verbal communication. Speaking and leading discussions in telecom/videoconference, presentation via PowerPoint/WebEx.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in assigning GD&T and ability to understand the develop rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- Knowledge of Data analytics and awareness of programming languages like Python etc.,
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team and work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to meet the business needs.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically years’ work experience
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities