Entry Level Technical IllustratorChennai, Tamil Nadu
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Technical Publication team is currently looking for Entry Level Technical Illustrator to join their team in Chennai, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on
prepare and draw illustrations for reproduction from complicated source data. Work with the project team, subject matter experts, and use existing documentation to understand content and Work independently to analyze and interpret source data.
- Work independently to analyze and interpret source data.
- Work independently to translate source data into illustrations.
- Adhere to established styles and procedures.
- Perform detailed analysis and interpretation of source data to understand the impact it should have on the product.
- Meet and sustain minimum performance (production/quality) standards.
- Recognize non-conformities in product and make recommendations for corrections.
- Meet assigned production schedules and deadlines.
- Work with other functional groups.
- Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
- Take an inquiry from the customer, research the problem, and compose an answer.
- Review product for the purpose of verifying compliance to applicable procedures and specifications.
- Compare product to incoming source data for the purpose of verifying technical accuracy.
- Assist in the development of methods and procedures of formatting and drawing sub-assemblies and components in disassembly order.
- Understand and effectively communicate ISO processes to Company, customer, and ISO auditors
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 3-5 years of experience as illustrator in Technical publications (Aerospace Preferred)
- Proficient in use of Illustration tools (AutoCAD Preferred)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
Typical Education & Experience:
Engineering Degree in Aeronautics/Mechanical or equivalent
This position offers relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award