Information Technology ManagerChennai, Tamil Nadu
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
Job Location : Chennai
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in object-oriented software design and development in a professional environment.
- 4+ years of experience in leading software development teams
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and customer relationship management skills
- Outstanding team leadership skills
- Manage the design, development, testing, and deployment of software solutions.
- Manage the information assurance activities related to the sustainment of the deployed software solutions, including the monitoring, analysis, and remediation of security vulnerabilities which could have an impact on the software components and applications in the deployed network environment.
- Ensure that all deliverables are provided on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure that the quality of the software, documentation, and services provided by the team meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Coordinate and communicate unique IT requirements of the software development efforts to upper management and IT business partners to ensure that all IT requirements for the team are being met. Plan and track progress towards meeting goals on future IT capabilities to support the software development efforts.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and types of work scopes covering software development, software testing, security analysis and patch testing, and field support (software installation, testing, and training).
- Have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills for team and customer interaction and to document and present technical issues in a straightforward and understandable way.
- Understand the level of detail needed for completeness of any project deliverable.
- Ability to track the progress towards completion of various work scopes and provide accurate status reporting regarding the progress against the planned budgets and schedules.
- Ability to sufficiently learn the applications and systems in order to answer questions regarding operational utilization of the applications, and discuss potential future enhancements to the applications.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
Experience leading a software development team; project management experience a plus. Solid experience with Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools used to support SDLC’s including:
- Requirements Management systems
- Source Code Repositories
- Code Review systems
- Build Management tools
- Issue Tracking systems
- Test Management systems
- Experience or understanding of Agile software development practices
- Experience or deep understanding of developing Java applications
- Experience developing J2EE web applications using Spring framework
- Experience or deep understanding of developing RESTful services
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Open Source Software
- Experience with Machine Learning/Deep Learning a plus
- Experience or deep understanding of databases
- Experience or understanding of Python or R a plus
- Experience with Jira, Subversion, Perforce,
- Experience or deep understanding of C, C#, VB .Net
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Manager - K
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.