Manager IT Regional Business PartnerChennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Summary: Manager, IT Regional Business Partner (Manager IT RBP, Level ‘K’)
Provides leadership and execution for developing and implementing secure information management and technology initiatives for Boeing India (BI). Partners with Business leadership teams to define requirements for IT services that enable the business to improve cost competiveness, ability to deliver on existing commitments and ability to win new work. Manages design, implementation and support of IT applications that are combination of enterprise standard and unique to BI within the region. Ensures optimum delivery of all other IT services. Manages the BI IT LRBP.
- Manager IT RBP, will provide leadership, liaison, and continuity and be the bridge between IT and in-country Boeing Business Units (BUs).
- Will double up as an individual contributor where required to drive the IT business partnership for the assigned portfolios, accounts and BU’s. Manager IT RBP could be required to manage team of analysts and versatile technologists with direct or matrix reporting.
- Manager IT RBP will be based in Chennai, reporting to the Senior Manager and IT Business Partner for India.
- Will collaborate and complement IT Operations (Infrastructure, IT Applications and solutions support).
- Closely engage with stake holders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the Boeing BUs and communicate status of the infrastructure initiatives to stakeholders.
- Must possess a strong understanding and experience in deploying diverse IT technologies in network, compute and storage domains.
- Should have demonstrated performance of quick learning and understanding defined processes of IT and BUs and enhanced partnering with BUs.
Responsibilities, includes, but not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership, liaison, and continuity and be the bridge between IT and in-country Boeing Business Units (BUs).
- Understand the business, manage complexities, negotiate, communicate, prioritize and meet the IT needs of BUs.
- Develop technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with BI and Boeing IT vision and strategy.
- Assess and communicate risks, issues and opportunities for BI associated with IT investments and operations
- Direct development and execution of disaster recovery and business continuity plan for BI in collaboration with regional and US IT service providers
- Ensure that BU projects align with the IT strategy and technology that best provides maximum return on investment
- Be the main point of contact for Boeing BUs, manage project intake process, evaluate and analyze project objectives, work for solution design, negotiate and resolve issues, Monitor health and communicate appropriately
- Manage relationships with Boeing BUs and all other stakeholders for successful start-to-finish delivery of the projects to BU satisfaction.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services to BI through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring trends of IT systems performance, and identify opportunities for operational efficiency
- Manage and provide developmental opportunities for employees and direct reports.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement by communicating/deploying enterprise best practices and employee engagement
Key Skills and Experience:
- Multi-year experience in Information Technology, along with combination of domain work experience in a business function (e.g. Electrical / Mechanical product engineering Design/ Production / Logistics / Business Administration)
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise-level IT support and service delivery
- Ability to confidently interface with executive leadership, enterprise workforce, and external industry communities
- Strong communication, presentation, persuasive and negotiation skills
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to optimize business operations in a design and manufacturing organization through the use of information technology
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Thorough knowledge of business theory, business processes, management and budgeting
- Strategic Partnering and service shaping skills with demonstrated use of appropriate metrics to drive delivery and value
- Strong listening, persuading, influencing and shaping skills to communicate win-win scenarios, eliminate disconnects and work to resolve problems and offer meaningful alternatives.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Innovative and self-motivated to take the initiative and drive multiple projects through influence and teaming
- Organization skills to effectively work in cross-functional, multi-level environment with shifting priorities and requirements
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen
Desired domain functional skills and experiences:
- Worked in the Mech/Elec product engineering and design domain for atleast 5+ years.
- Experience in supporting Technical authoring, illustration and publications domain will be an advantage
- Experience being a key user or application user support specialist and familiar with the Engineering / Design tools like :
- CAD / CAE tools: CATIA V5, CREO, UG Nx, Ansys, Abacus, MATLab, Nastran, MentorGraphics etc..,
- PLM Systems: Enovia, WindChill, Teamcenter etc..
- Leading Systems Engineering tools (DOORS, Saber, etc..), Virtual verification and validation tools,
- CAM and Virtual Manufacturing tools
- Understanding of Automotive / Aerospace product development life cycle process, NPD, Change Management, PDM, BOM, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, Quality systems and standards (TS 16949 / AS9100)
Experience of being a functional / technical support specialist or Business Analyst / IT System Analyst or IT Developer / programmer roles contributing to development and support of above mentioned Engineering / Design Tools is a clear advantage.
Some travel may be required to support engagement efforts. This role also requires significant flexibility as off-hours activity will be needed to coordinate with globally dispersed teammates and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of IT industry experience in Service Delivery and Business relationship management with at least three years in leading professional teams in MNCs
- Management Degree is preferable
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More